TENS Machine Guide
Download our free report
and learn the 8 biggest mistakes people make when buying a TENS
Machine and how to avoid them.
There are many factors to consider when comparing products
within a category.
We are often tempted to think that similiar products are pretty
much all the same. If that is the case, we may as well buy
the cheapest. Fair enough?
While this may or may nor be true for products in
general - it is definitely not true for TENS Machines.
New to TENS? The Market can be confusing. Avoid the most common mistakes - download our free report!
What is a TENS Machine
A TENS machine is a small, electronic medical device. It uses
physiotherapy-style electrotherapy to stimulate the human body for
various health benefits.
How TENS machines work
TENS or Transcutaneous ("across the skin") Electrical Nerve
Stimulation is an impulse generated by a series of mild electrical
frequencies transmitted by an electronic TENS machine. Two
electrodes are placed on the skin where a signal from the TENS
machine is released to stimulate sensory nerves in the body.
Immediate use of a TENS unit will block initial pain, while
gentle, extended treatment will release beta-endorphins into the
body to relieve pain in the long term. Beta-endorphins are
naturally-occurring hormones that release a sensation of relaxation
similar to opiate-based drugs.
ActivLife - Australian made TENS machines and NMS units
Lightweight, rechargeable, and
easy-to-use, each ActivLife TENS
machine comes as a Complete Starter Kit,
ready for you to use.
The compact designs of the Australian Made ActivLife range
gives you the freedom to use them anytime you need them to assist
you in your active life - rather than a bulky piece of equipment
that slows you down, like most imported TENS machines
Backed by forty years of intensive research and physiotherapy
practice, our effective TENS wave forms and frequencies have
been extensively researched - we are confident of their superior
comfort and therapeutic benefits.
There is an ActivLife TENS machine designed for a range of
Manage Pain and Reduce Recurring Pain - ActivBody
The simple, three-step ActivBody system (Relieve-Block-Relax)
soothes your body while relieving pain and reducing stress,
allowing for a more balanced and active lifestyle.
The ActivBody TENS machine offers a pain management
solution ideal for:
- Chronic and acute back, neck and shoulder pain
- Arthritis / Osteoarthritis pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Muscular aches and pains
Treat Incontinence, Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles -
InControl is a discreet NMS unit designed specifically for the
rehabilitation and strengthening of the muscles of the pelvic floor
The InControl NMS unit offers a solution ideal
- Maintaining or rehabilitating strength in pelvic floor
- Preventing light bladder leakage caused by
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
Recover from Injury - SportsMed & SportsMed PRO
The sleek SportsMed combines TENS machine and NMS
(Neuromuscular Stimulation) technologies for an ultra-portable and
progressive pain relief solution while assisting recovery through
to muscle strengthening and rehabilitation.
SportsMed PRO is an advanced TENS + NMS unit
specifically designed for both mobile and clinically applied pain
management, injury recovery and targeted muscular exercise. It is
larger than the SportsMed but offers greater
control over pulse output and is typically used by medical
Pain Relief For Pregnancy & Labour - ActivNatal
ActivLife's ActivNatal TENS machines are strong enough to treat
and manage women's health before, during and after
The ActivNatal TENS machine offers a pain management solution
- Labour pain relief
- Aches and pain relief before and after
- Strengthening of pelvic floor muscles
- Rehabilitation of the muscles of the stomach
Relieve Period Pain, PMS, Headache - EllaEase
EllaEase is a mobile TENS and NMS unit for effective, drug free
management of period pain, regulation of uterus muscle
contractions, relief from blood congestion and reducing PMS related
stress and headaches.
The EllaEase TENS machine offers a pain management solution
- Relieving headache
- Relieving back and muscle pain
- Relieving abdominal primary period pain
- Relieving PMS & PMT related symptoms
- Reducing stress & assisting with relaxation
"This product is amazing; I have told all my
friends about it. This is the first time for many years my neck has
been pain free. Thank you" -
Call us now 1800 675 571
ActivLife are located in Melbourne, Australia. You can phone us
for a discussion prior to purchasing online using our secure
checkout, or walk through our door for a free demonstration.
For arthritis and chronic pain:
- Seek a full assessment by a qualified medical
professional and follow medical advice at all
- Use of analgesic TENS is intended to relieve pain
symptoms - it does not remedy the cause of pain
For pain and soft tissue injury management:
- Implement immediate first aid to prevent any further injury and
manage the initial pain
- Seek thorough medical diagnosis and follow all medical advice
throughout the recovery period
- Attend a clinical practice for appropriate electrotherapy
treatment, to aid recovery, re-establish function and rebuild
- Between visits to the clinic, supplement your treatment with
personal electrotherapy and manual exercise; this may reduce the
- Manage on-going pain with pain relief on-demand
- Help to prevent a recurrence of injury by strengthening
surrounding muscle or groups of muscle.
For labour pain relief and postnatal recovery:
- Prepare your labour pain management plan in conjunction with
your midwife or doctor
- Consult medical advice before using ActivNatal during your
For incontinence sufferers:
- InControl exercises pelvic floor and sphincter muscles
- It will not impact upon incontinence arising from other
- It is not intended to be used for pain management
For period pain sufferers:
- Seek medical advice if your pain is anything other than primary