This TENS machine is so small you can wear it anywhere, anytime
On-demand and drug-free : Pain relief, relaxation and circulation
ActivBody intended purpose
ActivBody is approved for a range of intended purposes:
- Fast pain relief
- Long lasting pain relief
- Improved circulation
- Reduced joint stiffness
- Release of muscle tension
- Improved joint mobility
- A natural feeling of well-being and relaxation
Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) listing number #174871
Between visits to the pain clinic
ActivBody is so small and convenient, you can use it daily, between visits to your therapist.
- You may use ActivBody with other pain management techniques such as pharmaceuticals or meditation
- ActivBody is free from drug-related side effects and does not interfere with medication
- The therapy is not limited to a 30 minute session at a clinic but may be used for sustained lengths of time, everyday
- We recommend use for as long as needed - you cannot overdose or become addicted
- Because ActivBody uses modulated and mixed frequencies your nerve endings will not get used to the therapy
- Our unit is small, discreet and weighs a tiny 25 gm; it can be carried in your pocket or fit in a custom designed lanyard or waist belt pouch
Within the limits of your medical condition, you are free to sit, walk, work, sleep and play while experiencing ActivBody pain relief. AND you can go on using it for years, even decades - as many of our customers have!
Modes of operation and electrode placement
- RELIEVE - Site of pain or same dermatome
- BLOCK - Site of pain
- RELAX - Base of neck, across the shoulders, shoulder blades, mid back, wrists or ankles
Fast pain relief - BLOCK MODE
For quick blocking of sharp pain, select the BLOCK mode and apply for 20 to 30 minutes.The frequency and waveform are designed for achieving maximum pain gating effect.
The pain relief benefit of BLOCK mode does not necessarily last for a long time after you turn off the control unit.
Electrodes are placed over sensory nerves at the site of pain; your muscle should not twitch.
Relaxation or circulation - RELAX MODE
- Long lasting pain relief
The RELAX mode is most suitable for long lasting pain relief, inducing relaxation and treating tension related headaches. It uses low frequencies and assists the body to release natural ß-endorphin for that feeling of well-being and pain modulation.
The RELAX mode should be applied for a minimum of one hour.
Also use this mode, on low intensity to:
- Improve circulation
- Assist with sleep preparation
Electrodes are placed at the site of pain, or on the shoulders, back, wrists, ankles or nape of the neck.
Fast and long lasting pain relief - RELIEVE MODE
RELIEVE is the mode used most often by our customers. It is the optimum mix of the BLOCK and RELAX modes, offering both pain blocking and ß-endorphin release.
To achieve this, the frequencies modulate from high to low on a constant rotation. We suggest you use the RELIEVE mode for a minimum of one hour - but it may be used for much longer if your pain is constant.
RELIEVE mode is the preferred TENS selection for many types of pain, as it provides:
- Fast relief upon application
- Pain relief for many hours after the control unit has been turned off
- Circulation benefits
Electrodes are placed at the site of the pain or on the same dermatome; muscles must not twitch.
An ActivBody routine that suits you
Every human body is different. Everyone's experience of pain is different. In conjunction with medical advice, each individual should develop a routine that is best for them. We encourage you and your doctor to explore the best ActivBody timing and duration options for your needs. For example:
- Daily for one or two hours
- Twice daily for one or two hours
- First thing in the morning - not only to reduce pain but also to reduce stiffness
- Leave the unit on your body and turn on as needed
- Leave the unit on a low intensity setting over night
- Use to extend the time between taking medication
- Use before exercise
- Anticipate pain episodes and use as a preventative measure
ActivBody Technical Specification
- 30 intensity settings
- Maximum output of 60 volts
- Bi-phasic square wave signal
- Pulse width of 200 micro seconds
- Modulation period less than 1 second
- RELIEVE mode - 10 to 50 Hz, no surge
- BLOCK mode - 45 to 55 Hz, no surge
- RELAX mode - 6 to 12 Hz, no surge
ActivBody treatment guide
|Acute pain||BLOCK||Medium||30 minutes||as required|
|Chronic pain||RELIEVE||Low to medium||Minimum 60 minutes||as required|
|Nagging pain||RELIEVE||Low||Overnight||as required|
|Relaxation||RELAX||Low||Minimum 2 hours||as required|
|Circulation||RELAX or RELIEVE||Low||60 minutes||when practical|