Osteoarthritis - neuropathy - fasciitis - gradual deformity
Causes of chronic foot and toe pain
There are several possible musculoskeletal causes of persistent pain in the foot or toes, including:
- Osteoarthritis (including Hallux rigidus of the big toe)
- Plantar fasciitis - heel and bottom of foot (possibly with heel spurs)
- Stone bruise (metatarsalgia) - ball of the foot
- Bunions and Hammertoe
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Aching arches
Plantar fasciitis is a disorder of the insertion site of the ligament on the bone, characterized by micro tears, breakdown of collagen and scarring.
Bunions are a progressive disorder. They begin with a leaning of the big toe, gradually changing the angle of the bones over the years and slowly producing the characteristic bump, which becomes increasingly prominent - and often painful.
Hammertoe is a bending of one or both joints of the second, third, fourth or fifth toe.. This abnormal bending can put pressure on the toe when wearing shoes, causing problems to develop. Hammertoes usually start out as mild deformities and get progressively worse over time.
Peripheral neuropathy is the result of damage to your peripheral nerves, and often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually to your hands and feet.
ActivBody TENS therapy
Feet. They carry you from here to there, every day. You may not think much about them until they hurt. And when they do, you just want relief!
ActivBody is the physical therapy product we suggest for chronic foot or toe pain.
ActivBody electrotherapy can be used everyday - outside the clinic - for drug-free, on-demand pain relief and reduced stiffness.
This unit will also help improve circulation in cases of diabetic or peripheral neuropathy.
- RELIEVE mode:
- Fast and lasting pain relief (modulated low and high frequency TENS; continuous, comfortable intensity)
- Circulation and reduced stiffness (modulated low to medium frequency ECS; continuous, low intensity)
- BLOCK mode:
- Fast acting pain relief (modulated high frequency TENS for pain gating effect)
- Release of serotonin, if applied for long enough
- RELAX mode
- Lasting pain relief (modulated low frequency TENS for release of beta-endorphins)
- Relaxation (modulated low frequency TENS for release of beta-endorphins)
- Circulation (modulated low to medium frequency ECS; continuous, low intensity)
We conducted a survey of 74 customers with foot pain.
96% of them achieved satisfactory pain relief using our TENS machine.