ActivBody is often used to relieve hip pain caused by osteoarthritis or other chronic hip conditions
About hip pain
Hip pain is a common complaint that can be caused by a wide variety of problems. The precise location of your hip pain can provide valuable clues about the underlying cause.
Problems within the hip joint itself tend to result in pain on the inside of your hip or your groin. Hip pain on the outside of your hip, upper thigh or outer buttock is usually caused by problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons and other soft tissues that surround your hip joint.
Hip pain can sometimes be caused by diseases and conditions in other areas of your body, such as your lower back or your knees. This type of pain is called referred pain. Most hip pain can be controlled with self-care at home.
ActivBody TENS therapy
After a diagnosis of chronic or degenerative hip pain, your pain management plan will include several methods of pain relief and should offer drug-free options.
ActivBody is the TENS machine we suggest for chronic hip pain.
ActivBody electrotherapy can be used everyday - outside the clinic - for drug-free, on-demand pain relief, relaxation and circulation; plus it will help keep your joints mobile.
- RELIEVE mode:
- Fast and lasting pain relief (modulated low and high frequency TENS; continuous, comfortable intensity)
- Circulation and reduced stiffness (modulated low to medium frequency ECS; continuous, low intensity)
- BLOCK mode:
- Fast acting pain relief (modulated high frequency TENS for pain gating effect)
- Release of serotonin, if applied for long enough
- RELAX mode
- Lasting pain relief (modulated low frequency TENS for release of beta-endorphins)
- Relaxation (modulated low frequency TENS for release of beta-endorphins)
- Circulation (modulated low to medium frequency ECS; continuous, low intensity)
We conducted a survey of 285 customers with hip pain.
Only 2% of them did not achieve satisfactory pain relief using our TENS machine.
Pad placement - hip pain
Settings for Mode, Intensity, Time and Repeat frequency
Everyone has a different level of skin resistance; therefore we cannot specify an exact intensity setting for you. Simply choose a level of intensity where you can feel the stimulation but ensure it is below a level of discomfort. See the table below for examples.
Muscles should not twitch or spasm. So long as you avoid muscle twitching, you cannot overdose.
|Acute pain||BLOCK||Medium||30 minutes||as required|
|Chronic pain||RELIEVE||Low to medium||Minimum 60 minutes||as required|
|Nagging pain||RELIEVE||Low||Overnight||as required|
|Relaxation||RELAX||Low||Minimum 2 hours||as required|
|Circulation||RELAX or RELIEVE||Low||60 minutes||when practical|