Information to help you claim for a TENS machine

To make an insurance claim for a TENS machine you must have Extras cover with your health insurance policy.

The insurance companies include our TENS machines in a category called Health Aids, Health Appliances or similar words. Depending upon the fund, a recommendation from a doctor, physiotherapist or chiropractor may be required.

Claim amounts vary but a typical claim is of the order of 50% to 90% of the purchase price.

Hire and accessories may be covered, as well.

ActivLife cannot process your claim,  but we will provide the invoice and information that you will need to make the claim yourself. For example:

  • Several insurer provider numbers are printed on all ActivLife invoices - see right

  • Other insurers don't require a provider number - just a valid paid invoice in the name of the insured - see right

  • Your invoice will describe the product in the required phrase of "TENS machine or TENS and EMS machine"

Please check with your health fund for specific details such as eligibility and refund amount. We simply do not have all this information for you - and it changes from time to time.


Provider Numbers

  • BUPA, HBA, MBF - EP17178

  • NIB - 10117557

  • GMHBA - 00613102

  • TAC - 50140810

Other funds with cover

  • Australian Country Health

  • ahm Health Insurance

  • CUA Health,

  • Defence Health

  • HCF

  • Latrobe Health

  • Mutual Community

  • Navy Health

  • People Care

  • Phoenix Health Fund

  • Teachers Federation

  • St Luke's Tasmania

  • West Fund

Not all funds offer cover

Please check with your insurer