ActivLife Technologies is Australia's specialist TENS machine company
ActivLife TENS machines are used to manage chronic & acute pain, joint & nerve pain, period & labour pain
They are also used to improve circulation, healing time, muscle strength, muscle tension & bladder control
TENS machine questions
Remember: TENS is a therapy - not just a machine. The therapy is self-managed, following medical diagnosis and advice.
If you would like to speak to an experienced TENS consultant, you can:
- Phone 1800 675 571 [Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm]
- See our network of Professional Partners
Understanding TENS machine functions and differences
As well as being the umbrella term for personal electrical stimulation, TENS also refers specifically to sensory nerve stimulation for pain relief.
EMS (sometimes NMS) is a second term in use; it refers to motor nerve stimulation, which is used to create a series of muscle contractions.
ActivLife micro TENS machines have been designed to combine precise programs of sensory and/or motor nerve stimulation, depending upon the Intended Purpose:
- ActivBody is for acute & chronic pain, nerve pain, joint & soft tissue pain, circulation and relaxation, using 3 accurately programmed TENS functions
- SportsMed is for acute & chronic pain, injury healing and muscle strengthening - it is an excellent combination of TENS & EMS
- InControl and InControl for men are for pelvic floor muscle strengthening - of necessity, they are pure EMS machines
- ActivNatal is for pregnancy, labour and after childbirth - with 3 purpose designed functions, including labour pain relief and general pain relief
- EllaEase is for menstrual concerns - a different combination of functions to suit a different set of needs, including relaxation and regulating cramps
Our renowned SportsMed PRO is a little larger than the micro range. It is intended for professional use and clinical applications. It's more complex to operate but, as it is fully adjustable, it does offer all of the functionality of the micro units.
TENS accessories and spare parts
We stock a wide range of parts and accessories for:
- All existing ActivLife TENS machines
- All Bio Electronics products less than 20 years old
ActivLife - a company you can trust
Registration: Australian made: warranty: testimonials: product reviews:
- ActivLife TENS machines are medical devices, listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG)
- Only our TENS machines are Australian made and have a 24 month warranty
- They are backed by 45 years of clinical and academic research, both in Australia and in universities in UK, Europe, America
- Here is a TENS Fact Sheet from not-for-profit organization "Pain Australia"
- Testimonials from a selection of ActivLife customers
- External product reviews from ProductReview.com
The original TENS machine inventors
ActivLife makes tiny, wearable, long-lasting TENS machines
- We designed and made our first TENS unit in 1971; and have been in continuous production, in Victoria, ever since
- All products in our TENS micro range are matchbox size, very powerful and rechargeable
- Each micro control unit is feather-weight at 25 gm and easily fits into a pocket or clothing, for maximum mobility and convenience
- An ActivLife micro TENS machine is great value and made to last:
- Up to 8 hours without turning OFF
- Up to 24 hours of usage time before the battery needs recharging
- Between 3 and 6 years before the battery needs replacing
- The SportsMed PRO has been in production since 1988
We help and support our customers with: