ActivLife Technologies is Australia's specialist TENS machine company
"TENS" is short for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
ActivLife TENS machines are personal medical devices used to manage chronic and acute pain.
Our TENS and EMS machines also aid circulation, soft tissue healing, muscle tension & muscle strengthening.
TENS therapy - TENS machines
TENS is a drug-free, physical therapy
Following medical diagnosis, the therapy can be self-managed.
With an ActivLife TENS machine, TENS therapy can be applied at home or work, moving or resting - any time you need it - and for as long as you need it.
We provide a reliable, accurately programmed TENS machine and quality accessories. Our helpful treatment guidelines cover pad placement, program choice, length of treatment.
Phone 1800 675 571
ActivLife pre and post purchase advice is unique:
- To speak to a TENS therapy consultant, please phone during business hours
- Or make an appointment with an ActivLife Professional Partner
T. A . 21st May 2017
"Excellent, discreet units, that pack a punch when needed"
Explaining TENS and EMS
The term TENS is used specifically to describe sensory nerve stimulation for pain relief and relaxation.
EMS (sometimes NMS) is a second term in use; it refers to motor nerve stimulation, which is used to create a series of muscle contractions.
ActivLife micro TENS machines have been designed to combine precise programs of sensory and/or motor nerve stimulation, depending upon the Intended Purpose.
ActivLife TENS machine range
- ActivBody is for acute & chronic pain, nerve pain, joint & soft tissue pain, circulation and relaxation, using 3 accurately programmed TENS functions
- SportsMed can also be used for acute & chronic pain, and also forvinjury healing and muscle strengthening - it is an excellent combination of TENS & EMS
- InControl and InControl for men are for pelvic floor muscle strengthening - of necessity, they are pure EMS machines
- ActivNatal is for pregnancy, labour and after childbirth - with 3 purpose designed functions for labour pain relief, general pain relief and muscle toning
- EllaEase is for menstrual concerns - a different combination of functions to suit a different set of needs, including pain relief, relaxation and regulating cramps
- SportsMed PRO is a little larger than the rest of the range. It is intended for professional use, clinical applications and for the elite athlete.
Programmed micro TENS range
Professional / Clinical Model
Accessories and spare parts
Range of TENS accessories
We stock a wide range of parts and accessories for ActivLife and Bio Electronics TENS machines. All our electrodes fit all our own brand machines - they attach via a 2mm pin.
These electrodes will also suit any other brand TENS machine that uses the same 2mm pin connection.
We now stock quality Snap Electrodes in 2 sizes - for TENS devices that use the press stud connection rather than the pin connection.
Be careful when choosing a replacement lead - they are usually brand specific.
Replacement user guides available on-line
....and many more
To ensure your ActivLife TENS unit is truly wearable, we have introduced a convenient and comfortable waist belt with 2 expandable pouches:
- No more worries about dropping and damaging your control unit
- Any excess lead length can easily tuck away
- Especially useful for those who wear their TENS machine while active
46 years of TENS experience
ActivLife makes tiny, wearable and long-lasting TENS machines
- Medical devices, listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG)
- Australian made with a 24 month warranty
- Backed by 40 years of clinical practice in Australia, and 35 years of academic research in universities in the UK, Europe and America
- The User Guide and this web site explain the therapeutic functions and give clear treatment instructions
- A product repair service that is unique, friendly and fast
The original TENS machine inventors
Physiotherapist and inventor, Jim Lamers, designed and made his first TENS unit in 1971, and we have been in continuous production, in Victoria, ever since.
We lead the way in innovation
- All products in our TENS micro range are thumb size, very powerful and rechargeable
- Each micro control unit is feather-weight at 25 gm and easily fits into our custom pendant holder, waist belt pouch or a pocket, for maximum mobility and convenience
- An ActivLife micro TENS machine is great value and made to last:
- Up to 8 hours without turning OFF
- Up to 24 hours of usage time before the battery needs recharging
- Between 3 and 6 years before the battery needs replacing
- Pads are reusable for many months
- Replacement pads are inexpensive and readily available
- The SportsMed PRO has been in production since 1988:
- Powered by a 9 volt battery with a wide range of intensity settings; we recommend Duracel or Energiser brands
- Choice of Modulated or Constant signal
- Choice of TENS or EMS functions
- Choice of muscle contraction / muscle release timing
For customers who are unsure that TENS will help them - we offer a hire service; you can convert to purchase at the end of the hire period, if you choose.
For pensioners, we offer a fortnightly payment plan.